The Department of Premier and Cabinet, and our service providers value the privacy of every individual’s personal information.
Protecting your privacy and your personal and health information is an important aspect of the way we create, organise and implement our activities online and offline.
This privacy statement does not extend beyond this website to other linked websites and you are encouraged to review each linked website’s privacy statement.
You can access and browse this website without disclosing your personal information. We do not and will not seek to identify individual users with the information automatically collected by the website.
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Submit an electronic form via the website, or
- This website uses visitor logs to measure visitation numbers and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top-level domain name
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- The type of browser used. Your personal information and the details of your correspondence will be dealt with in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and the Public Records Act 1973 (Vic), as applicable.
We will only use and disclose personal information for:
- The information you provide may be disclosed to ministerial or departmental staff of the Department of Premier and Cabinet or other Victorian Government entities for the purpose of resolving the issues raised in email correspondence or suveys.
Use and disclosure
- The primary purpose for which it was collected
- Purposes related to that primary purpose and which are within the reasonable expectations of users
- Other purposes to which you have consented
- Purposes permitted by the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
- Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Should you wish to gain access to, or correction of, your personal information held by the Department of Premier and Cabinet, please contact us.
Access and correction
- We have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control. However, there are risks in transmitting information across the Internet. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive material to us over the Internet, you might prefer to contact us by telephone or mail.
- As we work with Ministers and Victorian Government entities on policy issues, we may share personal information with those Ministers and entities so that the issues raised can be considered.
- Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Should you wish to gain access to, or correction of, your personal information held by the Department of Premier and Cabinet, please contact us.
Last updated: May 18, 2017